Monday, December 6, 2010

Blanket and Sock Drive

Per Adam's suggestion, I'm putting up this friendly reminder about the blanket and sock drive that my Jr. High girls group is organizing. The plan is to collect donations through Dec. 12th or 15th and then take them out to Tempe to simply hand them out to anyone who wants or needs a way to keep warm this winter.

This is something they came up with on their own and it makes me proud. I love their hearts and really want this to be a success for them. It'll go a long way towards their confidence in starting their own non-profit "ThisSocks".

So, if you all have any old blankets, socks, etc., hanging around the house, please bring them the next couple of Sundays and I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Peace and Love

Christian

2 comments:

Thorn-67 said...

This is really neat. Just a personal oppinion but...I think used blankets in good shape would be fine...but hey people...spring for new socks they're like $6 for a pkg of 6.
I'm an advocate for giving the very best you can irregardless of the expectation of the people on the receiving end!
I'll bring my stuff to Bamfords next week (o;

Christian Salafia said...

We've now got a partner. I've just gotten off the phone with Janice Smith at Tumbleweed Center - Tempe Youth Resource Center, and they've agreed to work with us in this.

She was more than gracious and said she'd even give us a tour of the facility when we drop-off.

We're looking at 12/17 or 12/18 as our drop-off date.