Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's Next?

Alrighty folks, now that we're nearing the end of Shane Claiborne's book, let's get some ideas flowing about what our next conversation-guide could be. Another book would be great, but I don't think that it necessarily has to be a book per se...

Maybe there's a sermon that you'd like to recommend to all of us, or a film, an activity, etc. I'm sure we'll end-up with another book at some point because of how well it works for everybody to engage it at our own convenience, but it could be fun/interesting to explore another medium together in the interlude.

All ideas are fair game, so let's hear them!

3 comments:

maventheavenger aka jamie said...

I'd like to journey to the deep end of the pool and read "The Last Word and the Word After That" by McLaren. Or a great book that I recommend for it's encouraging nature to our fledgling group would be "Exiles: Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture" by Michael Frost. And we could order our books from Quo Vadis in Tempe for less than retail.

Yard said...

Adam - love the idea about connecting in a creative way. It brings 'Invisible Children' memories to mind...

I think putting something on the site about the 'church w/o walls', and Jim/Joy's park ministry are activities already going on that we could connect on. I know they're something I've been neglecting because of school, but eventually would love to see all of you lovely people at.

Jamie - I think we should still pursue a book - and those you mentioned are excellent suggestions. I have a few in mind as well...I'll do a new post, and just list books, everybody add books via comment, and then we'll follow that up with a poll and vote. Very democratic!

maventheavenger aka jamie said...

Adam, when you put the Church Without Walls event up, the address is 2051. :)